We are committed to supporting a thriving and sustainable local food economy which contributes to a healthy lifestyle, healthy communities and a healthy environment.
To show our support we have signed up to the Herefordshire Food Charter.
- Grow it… encourage participation in community growing schemes and facilitate growing space at your workplace where possible.
- Source it… know your supply chain and buy from local, certified and fair trade sources for your food service and procurement needs.
- Choose it… provide healthy, locally sourced food choices at your workplace / school / college.
- Cook it… cater at your establishment with healthy meals made from fresh, local, ingredients.
- Eat it… encourage proper lunch breaks and provide, or ensure access to, healthy eating options.
- Share it… influence suppliers and other organisations; promote the principles of the Food Charter to employees, partners, clients and students.
- Don’t waste it… reduce food and packaging waste, using bio-degradable wherever possible. Find ways to re-distribute surplus food and recycle waste. If you’re in catering, encourage customers to take leftovers home.
You can sign up yourself here: https://herefordshirefoodcharter.org.uk/charter-signees